Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Wanted to Say "I Love You"

A short poem I wrote this morning while thinking of my darling River. I miss you, baby girl.
**********************

I wanted to say "I love you" today
But today you are not here
I wanted to kiss your plump little cheeks
And whisper in your ear

I wanted to tell you how fun it will be
To hear the Christmas cheer
When we sing "Joy to the World" "The angels sing"
"Christ the Lord is here!"

But I cannot say "I love you" today
Because you are far away
You have much more important things to do
Than bake cookies with me today

I know, I know, you would if you could
So please don't fret and say
"I wish I were there to hold you tight"
Soon there will come a day

So today I will say "I love you, my dear
I'll miss you for Christmas this year
I promise to shed only a few small tears
While you celebrate Christmas with Jesus this year"

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Haley. I miss her so much too & wish that she would be with us this Christms also. She will ALWAYS be in my heart.....FOREVER <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, she gets to celebrate His birthday WITH Him. I think that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As per usual my dear, this is beautiful! She is having one of the best Christmas' a person could have! I am sure you will feel her presence on or around Christmas:) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete


24 Weeks

24 Weeks

28 Weeks

28 Weeks

So much Love

So much Love

Holding my Heart

Holding my Heart